Looking after your future: future planning and career guidance for teen parents
Unsure about your future? We’re here to help.
Whether you know where you want to go or have no idea what your career path may look like, we can help you. Whether you’re ready for further study, or whether you’re keen to enter the workforce: we’ve got the resources, the connections and the networks to get you where you want to go!
How can He Matariki help you create your future?
We provide a specialised career guidance programme committed to coaching and mentoring our students into employment or further studies. The programme you choose is designed around your career ideas and personal interests. You will learn about all the possibilities available to you. As you continue to develop your career plans in Careers classes, you can adapt your learning programme accordingly. Your individual learning plan is tailor-made for you; it is flexible and changes as you progress on your journey with us. This service is unique to He Matariki: we have worked hard to find experts who are able to give you real options, with real results!
We can help you:
- Learn about yourself, your talents, your skills, your beliefs, your values and develop a career pathway you will love
- Transition into part-time work in your last semester with us
- Transition into employment or further studies
- Prepare your CV
- Search for jobs and learn job search skills
- Develop skills ready for work
- By providing a Gateway programme to give you real-life work experience in an industry that interests you, and you can earn credits at level 2 and while on your placement.
- By enrolling you on STAR courses to give you experience learning in a tertiary setting where you can earn level 1, 2 and 3 credits while gaining new skills eg Tourism, Hospitality
- By introducing you to former students who work or study in a field that interests you. You may choose to have one as your mentor.
- By taking you on tours and visits to events and workplaces such as North Tec, Careers Road Show, University Open Day, Kia Ora Hauora
- By inviting guest speakers to help you broaden your view on exciting career opportunities that are available to you.
When you leave He Matariki Teen Parent School, we want to make sure you’re leaving with a pathway you feel confident about. That’s why we offer ongoing support, even after you leave.
We’ll help you with enrolment into tertiary courses and with applications for scholarships and Study Link.
We’ll help you with enrolment
Into tertiary courses & with applications for scholarships & Study Link.